![]() |
If I were a bird, I think I should be a hawk
The sort no one would think to mock
For I would be wild and free
Just like everyone wishes to be
If I were a beast, I think I would be a wild cat
The sort nobody can long look at
For I would be the picture of stealth
My secrecy would be my wealth
If I were an insect, I think I should be a beetle
The sort that causes laughter so gleeful
For I would run hither and yon
Here and then there over a child's lawn
But as it is, I cannot be them all
So I must be content being this sort of animal
And all that entails
For now
P.S

Brava <3 Beautiful writing!
ReplyDeletexoxo Morning
Thanks Morning. :)
DeleteThis is so awesome! I'm in love with this poem. (Also, gah, that song! It works so beautifully with How to Train Your Dragon. Best movie ever!)
ReplyDeleteAnd this poem is in love with you. XDD I knoowww, it's an awesome song.
ReplyDelete