Tuesday, September 1, 2015



Hi guys, hi.

I am back from Alaska, as of the 28th and I had a marvelous time fishing and doing all the stuff we did. I was going to write a great long blog post about the trip, journal style. You know, like "Day One, blah blah. Day Two, blah blah", but that proved to take longer than I could devote myself to. Besides, I was have trouble putting all the events on the right days.  So instead, I am posting pictures, not even roughly in order of the day they were taken on. So ha.

But first, back story time. My grandparents on my mom's side go up to Alaska every August to fish. And last year, my two older sister went the last week and came back with them. This year, it was to be my Mom and my two younger siblings. I tagged along to make sure they had fun and did everything right.

Theme Song 1



At the airport 

A local boy, fishing in Ketchikan

Splatting right brain mush on a page


Autumn, with a starfish she found underneath the marina

Us three kids, out on Grandpa's boat.

The 152 pound halibut Grandpa and I caught. It was, as he says, like pulling up a barn door from 290 feet.

Theme Song 2

Salmon

Mom's halibut

Cod


Autumn, being excited about all the marine life on the rocky beach by our house.

Pulling crab traps. That was the same day we managed to run over of the lines and completely cut it with the prop.  had to lay on the back of the boat to reach the prop to untangle things and even so, we lost the trap.

On the boat.

Theme Song 4

Halibut face.

A few sea lions.

Looking.

What most of our days up there looked like. When you needed both sunscreen and a raincoat.


One of many humpback whales we saw. A few days, they were singing right next to us, the entire time we fished.

Autumn's halibut, which she couldn't quite hold up, so I helped.

A nice big silver salmon I caught. 


So, the day we were leaving, we discovered that the place just up the road from us had a climbing wall, as well as a zip line course. And the people just gave us harnesses and turned us loose on the wall. It was awesome.



Enjoying the auto belay after going up all the difficulty levels.

Tired and greasy and going home.






13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theme Song 1. XDDDDDD.

    THEME SONG 2. O.O

    I very much like the picture of you hauling away on the crab trap rope. What a fetching young red-head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smirks* XD

      It really should have been just audio, but YouTube failed me there.

      Psh, thanks. XD

      Delete
  3. UGHH you all look like lifelong Alaskans! Fishing is the best.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because deep down.... I AM a lifelong Alaskan. ;)

      XD

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, Becca. LOVED IT :D

    Nice photos too, well done photo taker person.

    Man, I really miss that place. Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks deary. :P

      Mostly Mom. *nod nod*

      We did have fun, ya should have been there.

      Delete
  5. That is one giant halibut!! And that cod, wicked looking teeth. So jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have seen us trying to get is up on the table to fillet it. XD There are fish we caught called starry flounders that have even more wicked teeth.

      Delete