Tag.
Cally, in all her supreme sweetness, tagged me for the happiness tag. And she
couldn't have picked a better time, because life is fantastic at the moment. Cousins, cows, chickens, God, good grades, etc. ;) So here we go!
books: James Herriot, forever and always. His life and veterinary stories have always captured my imagination, as well as being just exactly the right kind of sentimental. Other books that make me particularly happy are mostly ones I've read dozens of times, years ago. The Farthest Away Mountain, The Fairy Rebel, The Island of Blue Dolphins. Oh, and The Swiss Family Robinson. It's about homesteading, survival, discovery, animals, and pretty much everything good.
words: Darling, crustacean, trample, remarkable, rolling, waterfall, tumble, twirl, catch, worm, bovine, love, remembered, crystal, wooden, bottle... Heh.
movies & tv: Weeeell. I love Newsies. Crutchy and Mush, yup yup. Anne of Green Gables is super nostalgic... Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn are hilarious. And yes, Merlin is pretty great too. Lord of the Rings, Tintin
scents: Grass, cow breath, lilacs, violets, Dad, (you are too right Jordy) dirt, rain, sunshine (hush up, it does too have a smell) cedar, sweat and grease, river water
songs: Oh boy. So many. Hum, at the moment No Hopers and Jokers and Rouges is my theme song. Just listen to the lyrics... It's exactly what I want to tell everyone I meet. Because they're all either no hopers, jokers or rouges. Or all of them at once. And SOMEONE ought to tell them it's okay. Also, most Celtic music and anything catchy or lyrically interesting.
miscellany: Ah ha, here it is. My cow Clouds makes me so ridiculously happy. She's much too much of a darling and I adore her. My other cows are fantastic too, but she's the original.
Catching worms in the middle of the night while it's raining (they're huge and I love them). Insects, good things, music. Chocolate. Duh.
Nominees: Cameron C'mon, get your rear in gear and blog something.
Emily So I went to go grab the link to your blog and then right below your name it said, "Lady Emily is your friend." and taken out of context and read in a low whisper was really quite creepy.
Cassie HAPPY AAAHHAHAHHAHA *falls on face*
happy Valentines Day, you lot. it's a silly holiday, but hey. at least you get to buy yourself lots of chocolate. (although i keep getting asked if it's a gift and i am forced to admit that i fully intend to eat it all myself)
x

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers- and not just because you agree with me on dad smell. XD
ReplyDeleteThanks Jordy. XD
DeleteXDDD Cow breath. XDDDD *chuckles some more* o' course. ALSO YES CHOCOLATE I LOVE IT. I totally should have sent you a valentine but since it's tomorrow...too late. XD
ReplyDeleteAlso worm and bottle as words that make you happy. XDDDDDd Now I know what to say when you're sad. ;-) XD
k dis was great and i'm glad you did it baaai
Hey, cow breath is awesome. It's all grassy and sweet.
DeleteOh yeah, best way to my heart: Worm and bottle. Yup. XDDDD
mkay thanks, bye
Ugghhh....FINE Becca XDD I'll blog. Be happy :P
ReplyDeleteGood job. Have a cookie.
DeleteAre you stealing that?
Delete*puts it back*
Nooo.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
DeleteYou are like the coolest person I know. Going outside in the middle of the night to look for worms while it's raining? So good.
ReplyDeleteYasssss Jaaaaames Herrriot.
XDD It's the best time to catch worms.
DeleteI know, right? *hearts*
Ah, I love that sunshine is a smell that makes you happy. Meee tooooo. Today is 'specially beeyootiful. BUT, I came here to thank you for your comment on my blog. It made me really really happy! I kind of went off on a rant in my reply to it, because GAH. Anywho. So thank you so much! It meant a whole lot!
ReplyDeleteBeeyootiful is the word.
DeleteAw, how nice of you. I'm glad it added a bit to your day. :) Your song really was impressive, your pitch is spot on, your intonation is perfect for the style- And to repeat my statement from earlier, it would be sooooo cool if you posted more covers and I would totally listen to them. *grins everywhere*
Since you suggested I do more, I've been thinking about it more. I have done some others and posted them on Google+, but I don't think they were very good. You could listen to them if we were friends (if you have G+), but like I said, they're not that good. Have any recommendations? Thank you again for the compliment. :)
Delete