Wednesday, June 22, 2016









Moonlight Insomnia


I cannot sleep when the moon is bright,
I simply can't, try as I might.

Silver light streams across my face,
And slips through the leaves, turning to lace.

Down the windowsill, and spilling on the floor,
It saunters into my head, banging open the door.

You, them, her, It and we,
Him's and I's are all set free.

Bright eyes and moonlight are dangerous things,
They'll keep you awake like the song someone sings.

And I have to get up, you know that I do.
The moon should keep to herself, all these visions of you.

But there's not much to be done, I just squeeze my eyes tight,
To wait it all out and for morning light. 





8 comments:

  1. I feel this so much. <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. *GASP* YOUR NEW BANNER. THE WATERCOLOR THING. SO PRETTY! OH MY GOSH, YOU CHANGED THE COLOR SCHEME OF YOUR BLOG, TOO! YOU'RE ONE OF THE ULTRA-HIP WHITE PAGE BLOGGERS NOW!!! *SCREEEEAAAMS* *POPS CORK OFF OF CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE AND DOUSES YOU LIBERALLY WITH FOAM*

    This poem though. Is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW

      SO HIP

      XD

      Shmankew. I wrote it at like 1:00 in the morning. XP

      Delete
  3. Ohhh I likes this. SO pretty :D
    And yes...good blog white change thing majig. I mean....yeah....I guess it's cool XDDD IT'D BE MORE RAD IF IT WAS A CREAM I TELL YA. WHITE IS SO YESTERDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and I love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete