Monday, May 18, 2015

What what

So my mom wrote me a poem. I didn't even know she could do that.


A poem for Becca:
The Hen

Under my feathers
I hid an egg

Lovely creamy secret
Warm with the becoming
So satisfying and mine
but Oh!
It changed--
I fluffed
and kept it hid
There.
Oh! While I was dozing
Something Bright
Grew
And pecked
And there it is
With shining eyes
And impertinent beak

Here's a random, blurry picture of me and a chicken. 




8 comments:

  1. Cute wittle chicken. <3 <3 <3 Which one is this? LEMMIE KNOWWW. Can you even tell the difference between the chickens? Can Cassie? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Cassie can tell the difference between them and I only sort of can. It's hard with 12 red birds. XD BUT I thiiinkkkkkk I can pick this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. Your mom is awesome, tell her that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. She's like, "Who? Oh. Okay. That one line didn't really work *shrug shrug* *sniff snuffle*"

      Delete
  4. This is so sweet! I shall never understand this love of farm animals you all seem to have, but it's adorable regardless. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to know them to understand. They're such... Characters. XD

      Delete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete