Tuesday, May 19, 2015


Aren't brains funny things?

I was talking with my siblings the other day about how their different brains look on the inside. This isn't an uncommon conversation here, but this time all five of us were involved.

And we all have radically different kinds of heads.



For example, my oldest sister Cassie and my brother Zack apparently have 3D brains. With gears and wires and blueprints floating around. Cassie says that it would be easiest to explain if she had a projector to show me with. 


 Cassie

Zack would like this. 


Sister Cori just has this big swirling mass of colors and impressions, with no words at all. You know that yellow/pink and black cloud thing you see when you close your eyes? I imagine it a lot like that and she says that's pretty accurate. 

Cori

Mine is words and conversations, with the occasional picture from a memory. And completely linear. I could articulate everything in my head in a steady stream of nonsense. I have about three voices, one is my regular voice and the other two are just made up.
This is the best I could find for me, mostly because I haven't been able to sleep much lately because of  thinking too much. 


Youngest sister Autumn says her brain looks like a heart. Which isn't at all surprising with her emotional orientation. Everything has emotional implication for her.

Autumn agrees, I'm sure.

SOOOO this post did originally have a point but I got lost finding nice Pinterest quotes. XD


What does your mind look like? I'm sure there are more than four or five different sorts of  minds out there.

13 comments:

  1. My brain is a constant jumble of poetry and prose commentary on the world, my voice spewing other words, colors jumbled up with descriptions of said colors, songs, and movie-type-action.

    *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh... Is it MOSTLY words, or MOSTLY pictures?

      Delete
    2. 1/2 and 1/2, I think. But I don't know. I used to dream solely in colors and music. Weird, right?

      Delete
  2. So think of a muted TV with the subtitles being typed up a little more slowly than the actual action. That is my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be fun... Do you have to type the subtitles up yourself, or does it just happen?

      Delete
  3. My mind is made up of voices. Like laughter and smiling and sunlight and things like that are in my head. But sometimes, there's words in there. Right now, I don't think I can even imagine what my brain is like. XDD *dies* WHAT DO YOU THINK MY BRAIN IS LIKE?

    Also your family is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I thiiinnkkkkk that sounds about right for what I would imagine your brain like. Voices make sense. Do you have pictures too? Seems like there would be some pictures.

      Why yes, yes it is. You should see it in person. We're hilarious. ;)

      Delete
  4. I think mostly in words, with an occassional video or photograph thrown in. It's actually rather like a blogspot with mostly words and sometimes pictures and once in a while a link to a youtube video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mind is made up of sounds and music and colors. I constantly have, like, ten songs going through my head all at once but yet they're all separate and I can pick them out. Sometimes I'll just have sounds going through.....the most common are the following.

    #1: Wind Chimes
    #2: Wind XD
    #3: Running Water
    #4: Screaming (banshee screams....don't know why)
    #5: Dwarven Battle Cries

    Annnnnd yep. I often have colors that go with the sounds or music too.....I'm also constantly writing music in my head. If you can imagine a giant sheet of scoring paper and notes being drawn in and edited every once in a while, that's what my brain is like.

    I think in music, color, and sound. Shocking, I know XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow that doesn't surprise me at all. I KNEW I liked your brain! ;)

      Delete